Saturday, July 27, 2013

WIP: Another Questionaire!

Well I decided it was time to jump in on the fun and I had this saved in my drafts a while ago I just never got to posting it and im not sure why, but here are my answers to I-Luv-Dolls questionnaire that you can fill out here!

When did you start collecting dolls?
I have always had mostly the disney dolls growing up. I saw the unoa art book in a magazine ad and started to learn about them, and at the time, unoas were over a grand so I said they were beautiful but that I would never own one. That was really the push into the 1:3 scale.

What was your first purchase as a collector?
My very first BJD was a Oriental Doll Tae that was to be my Osirus, but his odd scale made it so hard to find the right Seren to go with him, so I went to another size when the Abadon from Luts came out. The first Fashion Royalty was a Misaki - Paranoid Willow about a year or two ago that went to live with Heather.

How many dolls do you own?
I orginally had about 40 BJDs but upon changing our direction I think I cut it down to 10 or less, and a handful of obitsu/volks. Currently I dont know how many MH & FR's I have....

What is your favorite doll and why?
1:6 scale...i think its a toss up between my unoa light and my poppy, because I love both of their bodies so much, but also my Glam Addict Giselle Tabby won for me!
1:3 scale...they pretty much are all my favorites, thats why I am only keeping the ones that i have :3 but my utterly favorite is Xerxes...hes a Delf Elf Yder.

What doll or dolls are not your favorites and why?
I dont really collect Blythes, though I do like to look at repaints that people do on them, none of those babies... I understand the premise to them to a point.

What is the biggest challenge about collecting dolls?
Tabby was right with expense. With changing to the smaller scale I have been trying and pretty well in keeping with a limit. There's a online list for the FR's and that also includes their price when they came out, so I can judge from there. There's a couple more BJD's I need to bring home, but its like...I think 3, so  I really have plenty of time and will be able to focus more on the ones I have.

How do you display or store your dolls?
Right now theres a bookcase in my bedroom that the majority of all my BJD's are on, the ones in the living room are the ones that are being sold. Plus my Monster High and a few of my 1:6's are there too. Im rearranging alot in my house right now, so they are going to probably end up in my studio. I have two large Tupperware for my 1:3's scale and if its ever full then I have to clear out! The rest of my rements and barbie/FR/MH stuff is in those stackup storage makeup containers I get from target. I just wish I could get more of those divider sections in a color other then blue. Im trying to color coordinate so it doesn't work too well when they only sell lime green and black.

Have you ever been to a doll show?
I went to my first one with Tabby a bit back. I managed to grab the Silkstone white barbie trunk that I had fallen in love with but didn't want to pay the ebay price of $300.

When you travel, do you look for dolls?
All the time. Since I have been collecting the Monster Highs I have been stopping at ever walmart/target/tru/kmart/khols/meijers when I can. I also look for things that in scale for my 1:6's, there's always at least two dolls in my purse with me at all times.
What is your latest purchase?
IFDC Horror High Glam Vamp Anja - I really love the Provocatrice Anja but I just dont want to pay her high price and I really feel this girl reflects alot of her look. I might repaint her lips a little to match more too the Provocatrice.
What doll is on your wish list now?
Fashion Royalty Lukas
Fashion Royalty Silver Zinger Agnes
Fashion Royalty Wild Wolf Kumi

What do you wish you didn’t purchase?
Any of the LE dollmore boys.....their $300 dollars more then a nude doll, their clothes dont make up the value. The only special thing about them was they were white skin, but then they went and started to make white skin a normal order choice, and so I have to take a large hit to sell them -_____- 

What is your favorite doll related item?
Shoes & Purses. I am utterly amazed at the quality I have been getting with my 1:6's as of late. I have just been collecting all the shoes and matching purses I can grab XD. I am in love with the FR Echelon's green/white shoes.
How often do you photo your dolls and what doll is the most photographed and/or photogenic?
Usually I am taking pictures of them every day, or of their shoes, or of something I knitted, I just want to get a more set up place to actually take nice pictures. of my 1:3's that would have to be my lovely Xerxes. of my 1:6's I actually try to let everyone get a equal chance.

Do you talk to other collectors in person or just on the web?
Pretty much the only person online I talk to is Tabby on a daily basis, but I have a couple forums Im on, and I talk alot with Heather and Amy as well.

If you had the chance to speak to Mattel or other toy makers, what would you say?
Im not really sure what I would say. I know when I got my Bratz girl I complained about the bottom legs XD but other then that I really dont have anything to say.

What doll do you wish would be reissued?
At first I wanted a Soom Amber so badly, but when they did offer the free option and I was refocused, I couldn't justify bringing her home.I really want a couple of my 1/6 scale grail dolls reissued/re-imagined. Just like how I love the Bergdorf Poppy, and they released this girl with the same screening. I just had to bring her home and I have been totally happy with her. Plus some of my grail dolls came out when I wasnt a member of the club, so thats also why I wish for this as well.
What two dolls would you combine and how would you want them combined? (Muff style question)
Defiantly articulation being the really big focus. I do like the obitsu's bodies for that, but with their scale being slightly smaller its sometimes hard and sometimes I wish the obitsus had the breasts the volks have, but keep the rest of the body the way the obitsus are because they just pose better and dont fall apart.

1 comment: