Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Wonderous Goodwill...

So much to Heathers suggestion, i have stopped by here and there a couple goodwills/volunteers of america shops. I really like the one closest to me because they have a nice new builting and all the clothes smell wonderfully clean. I have been picking up things here and there, but this was todays fantastical find...

The Blue Boy - Thomas Gainsborough

Only this is more awesome to me. I actually prefer this over the real one. Someone made a copy they painted, it has a signature of Simpson I believe. The lady said there was a sister painting to it,  but it was already gone when I got this one. Upon getting it in my house the bottom of the frame fell off, but it needs new glass/plastic so thats fine ill take it apart and repair it for my living room which is that nice dark blue.

2 comments:

  1. That is just... friggin... AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I congratulate you on your purchase. The picture is awesome. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete